Running you own Charity event? Here’s all the info you need.
There are many reasons why it is a good idea for you to run your fundraising event through RAG. All groups and students affiliated to or associated with SUSU wishing to raise money for charity must run the event through RAG.
SUSU is a Charity; charities cannot donate money to other charities, so SUSU developed a RAG department which is allowed by the Union’s constitution to raise and donate money to charities. Therefore, any money raised for any charity by an individual, club or society associated with the Students' Union MUST be sent through RAG accounts, and any fundraising activity must be approved by RAG first - this enables us to keep track of events.
This applies to money raised for any charity, not just the three RAG nominated charities and includes events on and off campus.
BUT… That’s not why we think you should run a fundraising event…
- The process has been designed to make things as easy as possible for you.
- The event forms do not take long to fill in and enable us to help you by providing equipment such as buckets.
- We count the money for you, saving hours of time and effort.
- We send a cheque directly to the charity on your behalf… making sure you get the credit for the funds raised of course!
Recognition for your efforts!
- Every Society that raises money for charity and brings the money to Students Activities to be put through RAG will be entered into the RAG Society Challenge
- Your total will be added to the totaliser in the concourse (if you raise enough you will be asked to put your total in yourself)
- SUSU communications love to report success stories and there is nothing better than Students and Societies raising money for a good cause! This could include promo via social media, a story on the website and more.
How it works
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you want to run an event (or download the forms by clicking here)
- We’ll send you the guidelines and forms you need
- Complete them and send them back to us
- When approved, run your event
- As soon as you can after your event, bring the money raised in to the Student Activities Office
- We’ll count and bank the money and send your donation to the charity of your choice
- If we receive a ‘thank you’ from the charity we will forward this on to you (after all it was your hard work!)
To see who has raised what, or to see where you rank check out the RAG Challenge tables.
If you think you should be on this list please contact email@example.com